SRIP ACS+ Strategic Research Innovation Partnership
SRIP ACS+ Strategic research and innovation partnership in field of mobility joins two association members, Business interest association ACS Automotive cluster of Slovenia and Transport Association at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia.
Slovenian automotive industry contributes approximately 10% of Slovenian GDP and more than 20% of Slovenian export, all members of SRIP ACS+ including all fields of mobility contribute more than 17% of Slovenian GDP. Automotive branch creates 7,5 billion euros years' revenue. There are more than 100 Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers and more than 600 sub-suppliers of supply chain. Automotive industry gives more than 25% award-winning innovations in Slovenia every year.
ACS - Industrial environment and standards
ACS is a business association based on economic interest of its members uniting Slovenian automotive suppliers. Its members' aim is to reinforce the competitiveness and create greater added value. GIZ ACS is the central communication point of the automotive cluster and it is supported by infrastructure. ACS provides support for its members to integrate into the global automotive industry and to improve the range of their products and services. Therefore it accelerates the efficiency of its members by providing adequate research and development and co-operating with expert development and scientific institutions both in Slovenia and abroad.
ACS is a network for business in the Slovenian engineering and manufacturing industries: metal working, mechanical, electrical and electronics, chemical, rubber, textile and transport equipment industries, as well as partners from R&D institutions and other services in the supply chains that create and deliver products and services for the automotive industry.
The Slovenian automotive supply industry has a long tradition in working on demanding foreign markets and operates according to EU and globally recognized automotive standards such as QS 9000, VDA, EAQF and IATF 16949.
ACS - Role and activities
- ACS enhances the development of efficient communication among its members, who produce components, modules and systems for OE customer producing cars, buses, lorries and special vehicles, and for after-sales market.
- ACS enhances all activities connected with the research and development of new products and services with greater added value.
- ACS also provides important links between members, supporting synergy with suppliers of machines, tools, manufacturing, design, logistics and other services.
- ACS promotes joint members' activities to improve products and operations in R&D, production, quality assurance and to achieve and maintain business excellence.
- ACS keeps members promptly informed of new and existing issues in the automotive industry.
- ACS develops and maintains information, educational and other infrastructure for its members' needs.
- ACS represents its members' interests and promotes their activities at home and abroad, especially at car manufacturers.
- ACS monitors the business environment, suggesting the appropriate measures to the authorities enabling the members to respond to the constant challenges in the automotive industry.
Logistics and transport play important role in European and Slovenian economy. The field has large influence on growth and employment, as there are around 11 milion (that is 5%) of whole European work force. More than half of them are in road transport, additional quarter in supporting areas. With almost 550 billion added gross value transport represents 5% of European GDP. Efficient traffic systems are European companies' basic for competing on a global market. Logistics that include transport and storage represents 10-15% costs of end product of European companies.
TA - Recognizable and pervasive representative of the interests of its members
Transport Association at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia is a recognizable and pervasive representative of the interests of its members. Through its operation it strengthens its reputation and ensures long-term successful fulfillment of members' expectations. Successful operation and lobbying for the remuval of administrative legal barriers and solving accumulated problems in a logistics services, technical vehicles inspections, all types of transport, passenger and freight transport that inhibit the developement of companies in the transport and logistics industry are today the main strategic goals of the Transport Association.